gallery with photos of four helmets on display in museums we visited in Mongolia in 2012.
Monthly Archives: September 2013
Mongolia – Armor Gallery
Added gallery of armor in two of the Mongolian museums we visted in 2012.
Mongolia – Archery Gallery
gallery of photos of (supposedly) pre-16th century Mongolian archery equipment, from museums we visited on our trip in 2012.
Deer Stones Gallery
Added a new gallery. Half are photos of the deer stones at Uushigiin Uver, & the other half are from the exhibit at the Military History Museum in Ulaanbaatar.
Note for the Internet at large: This article is about Court ceremonies in the context of the Society for Creative Anachronism, and the people surveyed are New Zealand-based participants in that organization.
I posed the following questions on several local mailing lists, following up responses either in private or on the list as the respondent did:
What makes Court fun/entertaining?
What do you dislike about Court (and if you avoid it, why)?
Stuff I want to get done (in no particular order):
- set up website to store ongoing and completed projects and research. (in progress, but the fact that you’re reading this is a good sign…)
- Alan outfits
- Mongol hats
- thumb rings
- Georgian court robes for K’s fencing kit
- Georgian Saints
- Georgian names from Tbeti Synod
- more underthings
- get enameling/jewelry studio set up
- finish squid pendant
- put up Mongolian museum galleries
- put up Court doc (probably the next thing I’ll do after typing this list)
- write up Georgian front-opening coats
- write up Georgian crossover coats
- do more OCR on the North Caucasus costume book